Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us at The Harrodian School, on the 7th October 2018!
On this page you'll find:
- An introduction to the day
- An overview of our mock interviews
- What we're looking for
- Travel information
- Logistical Information
On this day, our volunteers are delivering mock admissions interviews to students at The Harrodian School.
Harrodian School is an incredibly important partner to OxFizz, and we're grateful they put their trust in us to work with their students. Students' feedback has always been positive in the past, and volunteers often really enjoy this day - not least because of how prepared the students are, and how well the College looks after us (with a lovely pizza lunch!)
This is a fundraising opportunity - the students are paying for their interview practice, giving you an opportunity to raise funds for a charity of your choice. You can read more about OxFizz's model here.
2. Overview of our mock interviews
Our mock interviews help students refine their interview technique ahead of their university application.
They can focus on:
- The subject the student is applying for (e.g. English, Physics). In which case you will would through an exercise, article, or problem sheet with the student in your interview, or;
- The students' own work - like their personal statement or a submitted essay, which you will have a chance to read beforehand
With our guidance and support, volunteers deliver interviews across a range of subjects similar to the ones they studied. First day volunteering? Be in touch to find out about training.
3. What we're looking for
We're looking for graduate volunteers to deliver interviews in the following subjects:
- Art and Architecture
- Business, Marketing and Management
- Human, Social and Political Sciences
If you cannot see your subject, but would like to get involved, this is possible. Please do let us know and we may be able to help.
Please use the map below to see the location of the school. Transport is easy:
- By train: Service from Waterloo to Barnes Bridge, then a 15 minute walk
- By bus: 609 bus service, stopping directly outside the school
On arrival to the school please make your way to the Senior Building, where a member of our team will greet you.
Please note that we will cover reasonable travel expenses (let us know if they will exceed £40). Please keep any receipts or evidence of travel to submit on the day.
The timetable for the day is as follows:
- 9.30am: Arrival, for breakfast and coffee
- 10.00am - 13.00pm: Interviews
- 13.00 - 14.00pm: Lunch
- 14.00 - 17..00pm: Interviews
A delicious Sunday Lunch will be provided by the College and, to further thank you for the time, the first round is on us at The Bulls Head close to the school.
The dress code is smart casual please.
Our Volunteering Coordinator Lee Robertson will be running this event.
If you have any questions before the day, please email. If you need help on the day, please call / message on 07470 731 887.