Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us at St Mary's Calne School, on the 13th October 2018!
On this page you'll find:
- An introduction to the day
- An overview of our mock interviews
- What we're looking for
- Travel information
- Logistical Information
On this day, our volunteers are delivering mock university and job interviews to students at St Mary's Calne School.
St Mary's Calne is an incredibly important partner to OxFizz, and we're grateful they put their trust in us to work with their students. Students' feedback has always been positive in the past, and volunteers often really enjoy this day - not least because of how prepared the students are, and how well the College looks after us (last year they baked us fresh cakes for our coffee break!)
This is a fundraising opportunity - the students are paying for their interview practice, giving you an chance to raise funds for a charity of your choice. You can read more about OxFizz's model here.
2. Overview of our mock interviews
Our mock interviews help students refine their interview technique ahead of their university application or future job interviews.
Interviews will focus on:
- The subject the student is applying for (e.g. English, Physics). In which case you will would through an exercise, article, or problem sheet with the student in your interview, or;
- The students' own work - like their personal statement or a submitted essay, which you will have a chance to read beforehand
- A general interview, where students are asked questions on jobs they are considering pursuing in the future
With our guidance and support, volunteers deliver interviews across a range of subjects similar to the ones they studied. First day volunteering? Be in touch to find out about training.
3. What we're looking for
We're looking for graduate volunteers to deliver interviews in the following subjects:
- Computer Science
- Politics and International Relations
If you cannot see your subject, but would like to get involved, this is possible. Please do let us know and we may be able to help.
Please use the map below to see the location of the school. Transport is as follows:
- Train from London Paddington to Chippenham
- Taxi for 10 minutes to the school
On arrival to the school please make your way to the Senior Building, where a member of our team will greet you.
Please note that we will cover your travel expenses. Please keep any receipts or evidence of travel to submit on the day.
The timetable for the day is as follows:
- 10.30am: Arrival, for morning briefing
- 11.00am - 13.00pm: Interviews
- 13.00 - 14.00pm: Lunch
- 14.00 - 16.00pm: Interviews
- 16.00 - 16.15pm: Coffee break
- 16.15 - 18.15pm: Interviews
A delicious Sunday Lunch will be provided by the College and, to further thank you for the time, we will bring a round of drinks for the train home
The dress code is smart casual please.
Our Volunteering Coordinator Lee Robertson will be running this event.
If you have any questions before the day, please email. If you need help on the day, please call / message on 07470 731 887.