Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us at Wycombe Abbey on Sunday 4th November!
On this page you'll find:
- An introduction to the day
- An overview of our mock interviews
- What we're looking for
- Travel information
- Logistical Information
On this day, our volunteers are delivering mock Oxbridge admissions interviews to students from Wycombe Abbey School.
Wycombe Abbey is an incredibly important partners to OxFizz, and we're grateful they put their trust in us to work with their students. Students' feedback has always been positive in the past, and volunteers often really enjoy this day - not least because of how well prepared the students are, and how well the school looks after us!
This is a fundraising opportunity - most of the students can afford to pay for their interview practice, giving you an opportunity to raise funds for a charity of your choice. You can read more about OxFizz's model here.
2. Overview of our mock interviews
Our mock interviews help students refine their interview technique ahead of their university application.
They can focus on:
- The subject the student is applying for (e.g. English, Physics). In which case you will would through an exercise, article, or problem sheet with the student in your interview, or;
- The students' own work - like their personal statement or a submitted essay, which you will have a chance to read beforehand
With our guidance and support, volunteers deliver interviews across a range of subjects similar to the ones they studied. First day volunteering? Be in touch to find out about training.
3. What we're looking for
We're looking for graduate volunteers to deliver interviews in the following subjects:
- Human Sciences
- Land Economy
- Modern Languages
If you cannot see your subject, but would like to get involved, this is possible. Please do let us know and we may be able to help.
Please use the map below to see the location of the school. Transport is easy:
- By train: Service from London Marylebone to High Wycombe, then a 7 minute walk
- By car: Parking is available on request
On arrival to the school, head to the music building where a member of our team will greet you.
Please note that we will cover reasonable travel expenses (let us know if they will exceed £40). Please keep any receipts or evidence of travel to submit on the day.
The timetable for the day is as follows:
- 10.30am: Arrival, for breakfast and coffee
- 11:00am - 13.00pm: Interviews
- 13.00 - 14.00pm: Lunch
- 14.00 - 18..00pm: Interviews
Breakfast and lunch will both be provided, and tea and coffee will be available throughout the day. To further thank you for your time, we'll bring a round of drinks for the train journey home!
The dress code is smart casual please.
Our Volunteering Coordinator Lee Robertson will be running this event.
If you have any questions before the day, please email. If you need help on the day, please call / message on 07470 731 887.